We provide Integrative Veterinary Care to all life stages. Our patients maintain their relationship with their regular veterinarian for routine and emergency care. We send patient visit reports to your regular vet after each visit.
Our practice has four general areas of focus:
1) Well-pet preventative care
2) Supportive care for aging pets with chronic illness or mobility issues
3) Physical Rehabilitation for injured or post-op pets
4) Integrative cancer care
Please read below for details on each area of focus.
1) Well-pet and Preventative Care
Your pet is healthy or you just got a new puppy? Let's keep him that way! In conjunction with routine veterinary care, integrative medicine offers powerful tools to keep animals healthy and intercept problems early.
2) Integrative Care -- Supportive care for pets with illness or mobility issues
As integrative care providers, we support aging dogs and cats with chronic illnesses or injury using integrative modalities to provide an added layer of support. These animals often already have to take many medications, so we may add support that is non-pharmaceutical such as acupuncture, massage or laser therapy. We look at the whole animal using an individualized protocol for every animal because every situation is different. We see our patients regularly and make adjustments as needed to keep them comfortable and mobile. We often work together with your full service veterinarian to incorporate acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutrition in to the current treatment plan.
3) Physical Rehabilitation: Rehab is the diagnosis and management of patients with painful or functionally limiting conditions, particularly those with injury or illness related to the neurologic and musculoskeletal systems. The goal of rehabilitation is to achieve the highest level of function, independence and quality of life possible for the patient. The following modalities are frequently used in physical rehabilitation for pain management:
4) Integrative Cancer Care
Pets can live quality lives, even with cancer. We provide a palliative option for for animals to maintain the highest quality of life possible while living with cancer.. If you have chosen to pursue chemo for your pet, the addition of palliative care help support the patient through ups and downs. Utilizing immuno-nutrition (targeted supplements to support the immune system and slow down cancer growth), acupuncture, herbal medicine, rehab, and food therapy, we promote a high quality of life for pets living with cancer.